Monday, November 12, 2007

Indian Princess, Crazy Rooster, and Santa

There's been a lot of talk in Lil's class about pilgrims, Indians (her teacher is not going with the more politically correct "Native Americans," I guess), and Thanksgiving. On Saturday morning, Lil asked for white clothes she could color because she was going to be an Indian. I dug up some old stained pants and a shirt, and she went nuts. I guess we won't be washing our Indian costume since she used Elmer's glue to get all that ric-rac on the shirt.


Reid is all about his new jacket, primarily because it's his favorite color - blue. It's also about three sizes too big. Fortunately the fact that he looks like he robbed a 9-year-old of his winter apparel doesn't seem to bother him.

This afternoon we had to make a quick trip to the mall. I don't know how they dug Santa out of his seasonal retirement this early in November, but alas - there he was in all his Christmas glory, and there was actually a line! People were serious about getting their Santa time in, I guess. As soon as Lil spotted him, she just HAD to talk to him. Reid also wanted to see him, but once it was our turn, he wouldn't look at him - I thought maybe old Nick's breath might need a little freshening. Lil, on the other hand, was all up in his grill talking about Webkinz and cars from the Cars movie. Bad breath or not, Santa needed to be in the know and she wasn't missing her opportunity.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I never got to see Santa until the day after Thanksgiving! :) So excited to see you! XOX

Grammy said...

It is just to early for a Santa sighting. I am still planning for Thanksgiving.