Tuesday, May 1, 2007

American Idol



Trey is in Boston this week so Lil has been sleeping in my bed (as she does whenever he's out of town). Tonight I let her stay up long enough to watch American Idol with me.

Lil: Mom, I LOVE this show! (She hasn't really seen it since Bo Bice was on - she still wants to know where he is.)

Me: I'm glad, honey. Be quiet so we can watch, okay?

Lil: Okay. Mom, who is this?

Me: That's Blake.

Lil: Who's Blake? Did he win?

Me: We won't know until tomorrow night who goes home this week.

Lil: But did he win?

Me: We have another few weeks before we know who wins.

Lil: I think he's a good singer. Do you think he's a good singer?

Me: Lil, PLEASE stop talking so I can watch this show!

About 30 seconds passed before she scooted close to me, looked at me very seriously, and asked, "Mom, have you ever touched your eyeball?"

No comments: