Monday, February 11, 2008

Boyfriends

Tonight as Lil and I were reading The Giving Tree, she got to the page where the boy is a teenager. You can't see the boy, but you do see 2 pairs of legs from behind the tree. Lil started giggling and said, "I think the boy has a GIRLFRIEND!" I laughed and told her I thought she was right. Then she looked at me and said, "May (one of her best friends) thinks all the girls should have a boyfriend, but I think I'm a little too young for that." Then she went on to say, "Everyone says Sam (a cute little boy in her class at school as well as her Sunday school class) has a girlfriend, and that it's ME." So it has begun. Fortunately, there doesn't seem to be much interest on her end!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

She is definitely too young to be thinking about a boyfriend. However,Aunt Sarah was Uncle Christopher's girlfriend in third grade. You had better checkout those boys because one might be your future son-in-law.