Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday, Rooster!

Reid turned 4 today, and although his party isn't until Saturday, the day didn't go uncelebrated. He took cupcakes to share with his preschool class, and his teacher reported they sang Happy Birthday to him twice - once in chapel, once before they ate the cupcakes. Back at home, he apparently couldn't help himself once he saw the presents.... I was on the phone with Aunt Dailey when I heard, "Hey, Mom, look what you and Dad got me - NASCAR!" (We cannot explain the new Nascar craze sweeping his part of the house, but he digs it.) Trey even came home early from work so they could play baseball in the backyard. We went to Kanki for dinner, but he was so anxious to get home to his Nascar cake that he really wasn't interested in real food. (Clearly I had no idea we'd be dining as a family of 4 when I bought that cake.) We had planned to have the Clines over for dinner, but my weekend bout with the flu changed plans a bit.

Waiting semi-patiently for his dinner at Kanki...


The cake was a work of art - the steering wheel even had buttons that talked.


Getting ready to blow out the big "4"...


Once Reid looted the cake for any keepsakes, he was happy to let his sister in on the fun.


Nothing like a big bubble bath to get them in the same tub!


Even thought the Clines opted (very wisely, I might add) to stay away for dinner, Aunt Lauren appeared this afternoon bearing gifts - a Spiderman backpack he's barely put down and a "new shooter." (Much to Lil's dismay, he's barely put that down either.) As soon as he got out of the bath and got his PJs on, he filled that bag with his Nascar treasures, grabbed his gun, and he was off.

3 comments:

The Morrisons said...

Happy Birthday, Reid!!! We can't wait to celebrate with you on Saturday! Love you!

The Hiatt Family said...

Just catching up on things...happy birthday, Reid!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.